Questions about the website

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Mossy

Questions about the website

Post by Mossy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Hey. I am new here and I have some questions.

1. I like to use VPNs in countries that are unlikely to be on the internet the most but the problem is, I don't like how I can only see some of the VPNs on the main page. There is no way for me to view all the countries available? I understand that it's because of protection of DDOS attacks but still, there's no way?

2. I notice that some VPNs only have the UDP or TCP port for OpenVPN and most of the time OpenVPN does not work with only a UDP/TCP port. Is it only possible to connect when you have both the UDP and TCP?

3. About the world map on the top of the website, I see a lot of country flags on there that I don't ever see on the list. Why is that?

Those are all the questions for now.

kh_tsang

Re: Questions about the website

Post by kh_tsang » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:53 pm

For question 1, you may simply browse the vpngate website through a proxy or VPN which will change your IP so as to view another list of the servers.

For question 2, I can only say that I don't know much about OpenVPN.

For question 3, that one is the live map. It shows the current new connections to vpngate relay servers. When anyone connect to any vpngate server, the system will tell vpngate and it be shown on the map.

Mossy

Re: Questions about the website

Post by Mossy » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks for the reply. But I still think that they should put a table with all of the countries that made their computers VPNs.