how can I retrieve all server list of vpngates?

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
alligatorUS

how can I retrieve all server list of vpngates?

Post by alligatorUS » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:00 am

In http://www.vpngate.net/en/, there is one line like:
The 3696 Public VPN Relay Servers by volunteers around the world.

But its web pages only displayed a list of 100 servers.

I would like to know if there is a way to retrieve all 3696 server list?

rollingscissors

Re: how can I retrieve all server list of vpngates?

Post by rollingscissors » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:15 am

They reveal only a fraction of all servers at one time to prevent adversaries from getting the whole list and blocking each one. I've noticed that a fair number of servers change IP addresses over the corse of a day, so it is also difficult to simply copy the addresses from each iteration of the mirror list.

Mossy

Post by Mossy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:48 pm

rollingscissors wrote:
> They reveal only a fraction of all servers at one time to prevent
> adversaries from getting the whole list and blocking each one. I've
> noticed that a fair number of servers change IP addresses over the corse of
> a day, so it is also difficult to simply copy the addresses from each
> iteration of the mirror list.

I only see the same countries posted over and over again, and I'm talking to you, Vietnam.

maclag

Post by maclag » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:51 pm

I don't know if the project managers often read this forum, but if yes, I would like to propose these feature requests:

1. Be able to select a particular country or area when looking for a server. Then we receive a list of maybe not all servers, but "some" servers in that country or in the area (no need for 100, maybe 10 would be sufficient with a bit of randomness).
Right now, my impression is the 100 servers are more or less in the area except when you don't get 100 servers up and running.

2. At present, there are 2 ways of getting the list: web page, or pretty large CSV file. It's a pity that we can't get the same option on the CSV file as the webpage, and in particular, no openvpn config file * 100!

If you combine that with the geographic area, there's a way to develop clients that would dramatically lower the directory servers load.