Too more connections.

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
kamil445

Too more connections.

Post by kamil445 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi,

I have 42 connections to my VPN server.
This is normal ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BoredAus

Re: Too more connections.

Post by BoredAus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:10 pm

It totally depends on various factors. To me with my connection, I wouldn't think that I would be able to get anywhere near 20 connections especially with some that uses bandwidth heavily like youtube for instance.

Normal scenarios to me would be something like:
* Given the connectivity that you have with the rest of the world, a faster connectivity with the rest of the world has much bigger bandwidth and can host more connections than a slower connectivity which usually has smaller bandwidth available. You can think of it as an example with bigger pipes versus smaller pipes.
* Your location in the world, some users probably prefer yours over others for potentially personal reasons.
* The lack of VPNGate servers based on your location.

As long as you have 2 weeks logging policy enabled, you might be more safe considering that the users using your connection are aware that if you get scrutinised and it happens to be one of the users using your network, you can pretty much use that as evidence.

The other thing that dawned on me not long ago was that you were asking people if they could connect to your server and in which you have offered your IP address, port, etc. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3869#p9013

This basically enabled people to connect to you without seeing whatever VPNGate offered the list of servers that it deemed should only be visible to them. In other words you basically unmasked your own connection to the public and that could also be the reason why you are facing lots of connections.