Why are there few VPN's for UK or don't work?

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
brooklyn25

Why are there few VPN's for UK or don't work?

Post by brooklyn25 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:21 am

I have tried to connect these days with a UK VPN and I have not been able to, I have found 2, one of them does not connect and the one that connects does not correspond to the UK but to an Asian country, I would like to know why this happens?

centeredki69

Re: Why are there few VPN's for UK or don't work?

Post by centeredki69 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:51 pm

VPN-GATE servers are people running the softEther server software that are kind enough to enable their server to be used by the public as part of the VPNGate network.

You have to understand VPN-Gate research project is not paying for server all around the world. The reason you even have a server in the UK is because someone running a softether server decided to become a VPNGATE volunteer server. They can choose to turn if off as they please.

I have tried to offer my USA server that has been active since 2012 as a VPNGATE host, but when I do it never shows up on any of the VPNGATE server lists. It works as I have connected to it myself. However It never shows up on the server list web page or plugin list. So it will never get used as no one knows it is there. So I turned the VPNGATE option off.

As far as the incorrect country. I have noticed this issue also. The volunteer host must be doing some kind of relay proxy. I personally would avoid these servers. if I connect to a Japan server the I want my IP address to show for Japan

melissasilva3000

Re: Why are there few VPN's for UK or don't work?

Post by melissasilva3000 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:05 am

probably should not have the vpnserver, only the vpn client.
Maybe the internet is too weak .