I need some help

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
TRNFloyd

I need some help

Post by TRNFloyd » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:39 pm

So I've been using VPN Gate on and off for about a year or two and over the last couple months I've been having some issues with it. It seems to not be directing traffic over the selected server regardless of which one I choose. Only recently did I try other VPN's to see if it was my machine that was the issue, but it seems to be something with SoftEther/VPN Gate.

It could still be something on my machine blocking the traffic from SoftEther, but I have no idea what it could be. The way I've been testing it to know that its an issue with SoftEther is by selecting a server, then checking whatsmyip.org to see if the ip changed. Every server within VPN Gate keeps my ip the same - regardless of browser being used to check. I tried out PrivateTunnel to see if it would change my ip - and it did.

Is there some sort of windows option that blocks softether/VPN's? I tried with the firewall turned off, but it didn't change anything plus PrivateTunnel was working before turning the firewall off. I've also tried reinstalling it about 3 times with no success. Tried running it as admin, nothing.. I honestly don't know what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

jason

Re: I need some help

Post by jason » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 am

I have the same problem. whether the owner of server gives wrong address numbers in order to avoid locking ?

TRNFloyd

Post by TRNFloyd » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Idk. I've been asking people, and it seems that VPN Gate is just not sending data through the new connection for whatever reason..

Still having this issue. Currently connected to a KR server, but various sites still saying I'm in Canada..

Pandora-Box

Post by Pandora-Box » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Hello TRNFloyd,
there might be a number of causes that your VPNGate behaves this way.
I really doubt it is SE VPN remote server side.
I have been using/testing VPNGate for a while and I have never encountered issues with "not-changed" IP.
In your case, it might be some kind of spyware on you computer, or your routing table is incorrect, or metric assigned to your VPN interface is not getting priority for your internet traffic.
It also could be your firewall maybe interferes with VPNgate.
Also, did you get your VPNGate from a legitimate download site? http://www.vpngate.net/en/download.aspx
It most probably is something on the client side. There are daily thousands of VPNGate users and almost no one claims to encounter similar issue.
What OS are using?
If I had to troubleshoot it, I would get fresh VPNGate installation, completely remove previous one including uninstalling VPN interface and reinstall it, and check on VPN interface metric (should have pretty small number, like 2-in my case, when connected).
I hope this will help a little.
Good Luck.
P-B