It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:14 am 

A creative collaboration took place April 28 as acclaimed Indian fashion designer Tarun Tahiliani, and jewelry designer and fashion icon Queenie Singh joined designer Rohini Bedi at her boutique, Fashion by Rohini, here, during an invitation only trunk show as part of a three-day event.

Public showings followed April 29 and April 30 at the store location with guest designers on hand.

Bridal wear and prêt-a-porte signature brands against modern high-end jewelry won praise as well over a hundred guests met the designers and shopped the store brimming with coveted haute ensembles from Tahiliani’s 2017 Spring Summer collection, called Chashme Shahi, along with Singh’ collection.

Singh’s fine jewelry sets have adorned the likes of Hilary Clinton, the Queen of Morocco, Paris Hilton, and Naomi Campbell as well as Bollywood stars.

Tahiliani’s collection enjoyed rave reviews at the recent Vogue India show and Lakme Fashion week in Mumbai where “Top Chef” host Padma Lakshmi walked the ramp with the designer’s bridal wear.

The ready to wear collection emphasized Mughal era grandeur, blending nostalgia with contemporary framing fit for the sophisticated, millennial woman who is drawn to an aesthetically pleasing, old world appeal.

Models mingled with guests showcasing Tahiliani’s fantasy laden bridal and festive wear. A palette of spring summer colors on flowy ensembles made from georgettes, chiffons, schiffli, and hakoba fabrics accented with jewel tones and his signature structured drapes were juxtaposed against Singh’s “sure to get noticed” jewels studded with emeralds, rubies, diamonds against varieties of gold.

The semi-attached panels on saris, tunics, lehengas and jumpsuits along with zip-up saris conveyed the appearance of “technically complex” fittings, but in reality were akin to wearing a “dupatta or poncho sewn on to a shirt” as per Tahiliani, who is seeking to ease the frustration of complicated draping which “our mothers and grandmothers once knew how to navigate.”

Awe-struck attendees were quick to take pictures with both designers, and true to Tahiliani’s inherent gusto for fashion and Singh’s flare for statement pieces, both designers rapidly moved to forming connections with the guests.

Tahiliani meandered around the shoppers, scanned color swatches, recommended colors and styles to enhance their features, as they tried his handiwork, with the support of his team members, Rupali Gupta, Ekta Kaushik and Priya Shah, who busily assisted guests, gathered measurements and booked orders.

Tahiliani has five outlets across India which carry his distinct collection. Singh also has a well-known store, Jewels by Queenie, in Mumbai.

Commenting on the one-of-a-kind opportunity to India-West, Bedi gushed about the show’s success, “How often does one experience such an opportunity to be stylized by an A-list designer?”

The store houses the latest hand-selected fashions from India with a mix of established and upcoming designers. But for the show, Bedi exclusively carried the Tahiliani collection with over 300 choice pieces.

Bedi added that “as a designer, just because I am creative I don't want my clients to just wear what I am making,” and “for me, if there is a client who wants to be stylized, it is more about what looks good on her and there are so many designs that may look good, this is why I started doing a multi designer store filling it with designers I love.”

The veteran designer has not only sold her own labels since her college years in India but also amassed a nationwide following of clientele for mainly bridal wear in the last 30 years.

“This is not just a walk-in store, I cater to permanent clients who I dressed back then, and now I dress their daughters, their whole family and their referrals,” quipped Bedi who also credits trust as the keystone to her success. “It’s not just the bride who trusts me, it is their whole family who trusts me.”

Attendees enjoyed champagne and a full luncheon during the event. Publicity for the show was provided by local businesswoman Smita Vasant. Artesia Mayor Ali Sajjad Taj and Artesia Chamber of Commerce executive committee and members PaoLing Guo, Shaila Patankar, Larry Caballero, Parimal Shah, and Ina Dahilig were also present to show support.Read more at:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/prom-dresses-uk | http://www.marieprom.co.uk/formal-dresses-uk