It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:45 am 

If the French are known for their cult pharmacy products, and Koreans are known for their 16-step regimens, then Australians are known for their laid-back, holistic approach to beauty. “Australians really like that clean, healthy, fresh skin, and slightly underdone tousled hair,” says supermodel Miranda Kerr, who was born in Sydney and spent her childhood in Gunnedah, a town in the state of New South Wales. “[We] embrace natural beauty. And I feel like that’s reflective of the active lifestyle and being [outdoors].”

While she may be based in Los Angeles these days, Kerr—whose own skincare line, Kora Organics, launches in Sephora stores this week—is still an Aussie girl at heart. “I definitely miss the beaches and the fresh air.” At the heart of the model’s regimen is a 360-degree lifestyle approach to self-care that starts from the inside out. Or, as she puts it: “Why wouldn’t you fill your body with the nutrients it needs to function at its best so that you can feel your best? Why wouldn’t you take time to meditate and put on aromatherapy oil if that would support you? Why wouldn’t you use products that can detoxify and balance your skin?” She makes a good point—or as they say in Australia, “bloody oath!”

Here, as Australian Fashion Week reaches a crescendo, she gives us the lowdown on her down under beauty rules.

Organic Is Not a Trend

In Australia, eating organically isn’t considered “crunchy” or cutting-edge. “Growing your own vegetable patch is quite common and that’s where I learned about the importance of organics and eating well from a very young age,” says Kerr, who abides by the 80/20 rule—a super-healthy, organic diet 80 percent of the time, with 20 percent wiggle room for indulgences. “We grew up that way.”

The Best Body Scrub Is Right in Front of You

You don’t need to spend a fortune on high-end exfoliators, or an entire day concocting a homemade scrub in your kitchen, when all the ingredients you need can be sourced at the beach. “When I am home in Australia, I go for a swim in the ocean, and after getting out of that salty water, I’ll go on the shoreline and scrub my skin with the sand,” says Kerr, who has been practicing the local ritual since she was a child.

Always Have a Hydrating Oil in Your Arsenal

Being so geographically far away from the rest of the world, Australians are accustomed to back-to-back long-haul flights, which suck the moisture out of the skin. Kerr’s secret weapon is her Noni Glow Face Oil. “I never travel without it—it’s the best thing to keep my skin hydrated.” While the Australian summer can be too hot and humid for those with oily complexions to use a straight-up oil, mixing a few drops with a moisturizer will do the trick. “It’s a super easy and quick way to nourish my skin,” says Kerr.

Never Let Jet Lag Win

Speaking of travel, every Australian girl has a tried-and-tested jet lag remedy. “One of my favorite things to do is just take off my shoes and put my feet in the grass. It’s really grounding,” says Kerr. “Another thing I do is take a bath. I make it super hot and I put a pound of baking soda and a pound of sea salt and that draws [the toxins] out of your body.”

Face Mists Are Underrated

Often overlooked, mists are an essential step in an Australian beauty regimen. A spritz in the middle of the day, over your makeup, will refresh your skin—whether it needs cooling from the sun, or hydration from an overly air-conditioned office. For Kerr, there’s the added benefit of aromatherapy. In the morning she uses a citrus mist to energize, and at night, a lavender variation to help her unwind.Read more at:http://www.marieprom.co.uk/prom-dresses-2016-2017 | http://www.marieprom.co.uk/graduation-gowns

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:24 pm 

Well, this is interesting.