No valid product license is registered on the VPN Server.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
dailywalk365

No valid product license is registered on the VPN Server.

Post by dailywalk365 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:11 pm

:Update:
I found a license page at http://www.softether.co.jp/en/vpn3/, but it seems to be for Version 3 of the VPN software.

(great! I started with Version 1, then found and installed Version 2 the next day and now there's a Version 3. If I wait another day will I find a Version 4 I wonder!)

The page is also only in Japanese. (w/Google Translate) So now I wonder if the Version 2 software will work with Version 3 license? There is a 60-day free trial, but I'm looking for a personal VPN server to play and learn on that won't cost me an arm and leg.
:End Update:

Hello All,

I recently installed VPNClient and VPNServer on a Linux box at home as a test. Install went well after installing a couple of Dev paks. I run the vpncmd command after starting the server and set up a group/hub and user on the Linux server and when I try to log into it from my Windows 7 Client get the following error:

#/
No valid product license is registered on the VPN Server. Contact the VPN Server's administrator.
/#

I looked on the SoftEther website for product licensing requirements but cannot find it. So I've come here for your help.

I should also note I have no trouble logging into the ####.Vhub.vpn.packetix.net virtual server I had set up so I don't think it's the VPN client.

Thanks for your time,
DailyWalk365

cedar
Site Admin

Re: No valid product license is registered on the VPN Server

Post by cedar » Sat May 18, 2013 10:02 am

I think that you saw the web site of PacketiX VPN 3.0.
PacketiX VPN is commercial version of SoftEther VPN.

However, PacketiX VPN does not support English.
If you want to use in English, please use the PacketiX VPN 4.0 Beta or the SoftEther VPN 1.0.
These are not require license key.