SoftEther and Outlook problem

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
iraj.hedayati

SoftEther and Outlook problem

Post by iraj.hedayati » Mon May 20, 2013 4:34 am

I think SoftEther is the best VPN software I have tested. I could install it on my VPS and it connect and works properly. Just I have a problem wit my Outlook software.

There are two post here (http://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?f ... look#p1864) which is unanswered and here (http://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?f ... it=outlook) which is a bit different.

My problem is that the outlook can not work with VPN connection and it shows an error regarding "Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server" and the same error for SMTP. In the post mentioned above, the responders suggested to use local gateway in order to address the issue, but I want to use the VPN tunnel.

I would be glad if you can help me to solve the problem.

cedar
Site Admin

Re: SoftEther and Outlook problem

Post by cedar » Mon May 20, 2013 2:46 pm

You can route only POP3 server traffic to the local gateway.
If you use Windows, try to run following command with administration user.

route -p add [POP3 server address] [local gateway address]

iraj.hedayati

Post by iraj.hedayati » Mon May 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Dear CEDAR,

Thank you for your reply. I'm totally keen on using POP3 service through VPN connection. It would be appreciated if you can help me to configure VPN server to address the scenario mentioned above.

REGARDS

iraj.hedayati

Post by iraj.hedayati » Wed May 22, 2013 10:25 am

Nobody can help me?

cedar
Site Admin

Post by cedar » Thu May 23, 2013 10:49 am

Unfortunately, DHCP don't have an ability to specify the path of the individual network.