Cant connect to windows machine

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
sftsc

Cant connect to windows machine

Post by sftsc » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:17 pm

I have 4 users using softether vpn client software to connect to a machine running windows 8. All clients are using windows 10. The windows "server" address is 10.150.209.173. 2 clients connect and get an address of 10.150.209.190 and .191, these machines have no issue accessing network resources. 2 other machines connect, can see the network shares and get an address of 10.150.209.150 and .151. Using file explorer to connect to the windows shares, it requires a username and password. Putting in the correct credentials just keeps showing the credential input screen over and over again without connecting to the needed network resources.

All clients were installed in the exact same way. Im guessing this is (hopefully) probably an easy fix, but for the life of me, I cant figure out what the issue is. I havent seen anything specific in the faq and manual that adddresses this issue specifically. Can someone chime in with a link to a work around or possibly some kind of setting that will correct this error? TIA

thisjun

Re: Cant connect to windows machine

Post by thisjun » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:54 am

Did you input the user and the password of the user that the host of providing file sharing?

If domain name appears, please replace it to host name of the server.