Automatically select servers?

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
sven_nilsson

Automatically select servers?

Post by sven_nilsson » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:21 pm

Hi!

First of all, thank you for an excellent effort in making this distributed VPN solution.

I have one question:
* Is it possible for VPNgate to automatically connect to another server when the existing connection fails? Although there are plenty of servers, many of them are not reliable and have little uptime.

One other feature that would be useful in conjunction with the above is to automatically change server every XXX minutes. Possibly you would also specify what countries it should connect to.

Regards

kh_tsang

Re: Automatically select servers?

Post by kh_tsang » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:39 am

If it is running ike this, IP may chamge without notification. Changing IP may cause errors of Network sessions.

sven_nilsson

Post by sven_nilsson » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Yes, but changed IP is usually better than a dead connection :)

It should be optional of course, and users need to be informed of the consequences.

I'm willing to help you implement this - I am a professional C++ developer. Is it possible to contribute to the VPNgate project?

kh_tsang

Post by kh_tsang » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:38 am

At least you can't change the country because you may need an IP of the destination country to browse some websites.