Stuck getting L2TP/IPSec working on Raspberry Pi

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Capt.Insano

Stuck getting L2TP/IPSec working on Raspberry Pi

Post by Capt.Insano » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:07 pm

I have googled loads and read many articles on this topic but I cannot get my Windows 10 PC or Android phone to connect via L2TP/IPSec to my Raspberry Pi running SoftEther.

I have read through
https://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-howt ... VPN_Server
multiple times but I still cannot get a connection.

System:
Raspberry Pi 3 running Hassbian (Rasbian distro for HomeAssistant home automation software)
SoftEther Version: softether-vpnserver-v4.22-9634-beta-2016.11.27-linux-arm_eabi-32bit

I have used the windows management client to set a DDNS Hostname, I also ticked "Enable L2TP Server Function (L2TP over IPSec)" and I have set an IPSec Pre-Shared Key and I created a user with password authentication.

I did not change any other settings on the SoftEther server

I have also forwarded all of the following ports (TCP/UDP) on my router to my Raspberry Pi : 50, 500, 1701, 1723, 4500

On my windows 10 client I have used the following settings:

Server Name or Address: xxxxxxx.softether.net (DDNS setup during configuration)
Username: (username created above)
Password (password created above)

I changed adaptor settings and set security to L2TP/IPSec and I set the correct Pre-Shared Key as above.

I followed the android settings from here : https://www.softether.org/4-docs/2-howt ... ient_Setup

With either my Windows 10 PC or Android Phone I get no connection.
Windows PC:
Spends a lot of time on "Completing the connection" and then says "A connection to the remote computer could not be established. You might need to change the network settings for the connection"

Android Phone:
Just says "Unsuccessful"

In troubleshooting, I even changed the server address in the clients L2TP settings to be the local address of the raspberry pi but it still would not connect.

Are my ports right, Is there something I need to do with the raspberry pi iptables or is there something else I am missing?

Any help much appreciated.

Capt.Insano

Re: Stuck getting L2TP/IPSec working on Raspberry Pi

Post by Capt.Insano » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:25 am

Bump (due to amount of spam on these boards.)

Thanks again for any help

Capt.Insano

Re: Stuck getting L2TP/IPSec working on Raspberry Pi

Post by Capt.Insano » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:47 am

Bump again, (these boards are really full of spam!)

Any help at all would be appreciated