Building small cloud infrastructure

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
LonnieTC

Building small cloud infrastructure

Post by LonnieTC » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Greetings All,

I am new to SoftEther but it seems to be exactly what I need to build a small cloud infrastructure that will host docker containers in a distributed topology.

For this little test design I have 4 VPS servers being hosted on the Internet and a 4 node cluster behind a router with a high speed cable modem.

I have just set up the SoftEther server, actually in a docker container from (https://hub.docker.com/r/amary/softether-vpn-server/), on one of the VPS systems and later will be adding more SoftEther servers to cluster that part, but for now I have the single server. I connect to the server via a Windows laptop that is running the GUI server manager.

What I would like to do now is to use the docker container SoftEther client on another VPS to try and establish a VPN so that all of the docker containers on each VPS can see each other through the VPN but I am not clear on how to configure the SoftEther server and client.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated on the next steps for configuration.
Cheers,
Lonnie

thisjun

Re: Building small cloud infrastructure

Post by thisjun » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:19 am

Basically, SoftEther VPN Client only can communication.
However, if SoftEther VPN server is in Linux, tap mode localbridge acts like as VPN client.