copyright infringement??

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
mseals

copyright infringement??

Post by mseals » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 pm

I downloaded this to Play DDO. Wanted to try it out and I liked the program a lot. the only problem is about a week later I get a message from my ISP I have went over my bandwidth allotment of 1tb and I have 8 copyright infringement infractions.
I am assuming this is one of those programs that force you to allow others to use your computer as a VPN as well. Is there a way to disable this?? So far this free program has cost me $40 and loss of internet for 3 days.

fenice

Re: copyright infringement??

Post by fenice » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:08 pm

It doesn't allow anyone access to your VPN server unless you give them access to it and that can be restricted as per the documentation. I will, however, ask the obvious question - are you talking about providing a VPN gateway for the VPNgate service or are you talking about SoftETherVPN as a server for just you?
Regards

Bill

mseals

Post by mseals » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Ok .. I know what your asking just Not sure what to answer so let me do this the long way (sorry).
There is a video game I wanted to play called Dragon's Dogma online. it is only available to those in Japan so to download , patch, and/or play it I needed a Japan VPN.
Everywhere I looked had nothing in Japan until I ran across SoftEtherVPN So I downloaded , Installed , Restarted , and set it up. Worked great, a little slow, but what can you expect ;). When I installed like most dummies I never read through it all because I always realize you have no choice on accepting if you want to use the program. and then I was not feeling well so I shut off my computer for a few days. Started it back up but didn't really use it and then all the sudden my internet went off.
I live in Las Vegas and that happens sometimes so I didn't think much of it until a few days and I called them and that is when they informed me about the Infringements and that I had hit my cap. And of course the fact they was charging me $10 for every 10g I went over.
So either A.) SoftEtherVPN is allowing others to connect through Me or B.) I have caught a sickness that means I need to wipe my computer. My first thing to do of course would be to see if it was something this program was allowing.
Now as far as What I need I simply need a program I can use to have one game connect Via a VPN (or even a socks ) to a Japanese Server and have it believe I am there. Granted I need other things But let us start with that.
Oh and thank you for answering / helping me.

Forgot to add I removed the SoftEtherVPN program restarted my computer and have been watching resource meter and have noticed no suspicious activity. This could be because they haven't reconnected or the "hole" was temporary or of course it is a heck of a hack.

cedar
Site Admin

Post by cedar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:50 am

I guess you agreed to join VPN Gate Service volunteer.
Please check VPN Gate service setting.