What's a configuration that allows remote workstations to see each other but still use physical networks for internet.

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
JXI

What's a configuration that allows remote workstations to see each other but still use physical networks for internet.

Post by JXI » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:50 am

Hi. What's a set up that would allow remote workstations to see/access each other and servers, while still using their physical networks for internet. I have a server running Softether in the cloud and everything is working fine. The issue is that when I activate the VPN client it takes over the entire computer connection routing all traffic through the cloud, which is what I don't want. If there is a configuration tutorial already on the site or one on the internet, please point me to it. My general problem is I'm not certain what terminology I need to be looking for. Thanks in advance.

colapig

Re: What's a configuration that allows remote workstations to see each other but still use physical networks for interne

Post by colapig » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:43 am

I have the question too.
Now I have to increase the metric number in the TCP/IP setting of the vpn virtual interface to let the internet traffic go through the physical network card first. But I don't think this is a good solution to soft this problem.

thisjun

Re: What's a configuration that allows remote workstations to see each other but still use physical networks for interne

Post by thisjun » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 am

There is a way that not distributing a default gateway on DHCP.