not workin "no adjustment of rroute table"

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
nickston

not workin "no adjustment of rroute table"

Post by nickston » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 pm

win 7 x64
se vpn client 4.15.0.9546.
I'm set checkbox "no adju.....".
and route prrint show me route to vpn

dajhorn

Re: not workin "no adjustment of rroute table"

Post by dajhorn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:52 pm

This is a known problem.

You might get the desired behavior by creating a second VPN adapter and using it instead of the first VPN adapter where the default route option is glitching.

nickston

Post by nickston » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:09 am

it didn't help

qupfer

Post by qupfer » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Its not the SoftEther Client that will change your routes. It's Windows (or whatever you use) ;-)

SoftEther creates a so called "Layer 2" vpn, which mean its a virtual LAN-Cable and Device. If you are conected, it looks for Windows (or other) like you have pluged in a new cable.
And windows run a dhcp-client and if a dhcp-server exisit which gives a default-gateway --> route created

To avoid this, you have two possibilities.
Eays one: manual IP configuration of the VPN-Device (and leaving gateway empty). Maybe add some special routes also manual.
more complex option: use a configurable dhcp-server and configure it correctly to send an "empty" dhcp-option number 3 ;-)

I think the function in the client is just for the SoftEther Layer3 Switiching function.

nickston

Post by nickston » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:04 pm

qupfer wrote:

> Eays one: manual IP configuration of the VPN-Device (and leaving gateway empty).
> I think the function in the client is just for the SoftEther Layer3 Switiching
> function.

It's solve problem, but manual configuration is bad.
and this chekbox is confusing, the receiving net configuration is in the SE window.