[SOLVED] VPN Administration Over Android

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
eTimSfr

[SOLVED] VPN Administration Over Android

Post by eTimSfr » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 am

Hi everyone, and especially, the SoftEther developers,

First of all, thank you very much for your awesome work, SoftEther's team. I successfully installed the VPN server with 2 virtual hubs and all is working good for now.

I was just wondering if I could have the build ARM legacy ABI version of "vpncmd" because I want to test it on android devices and I just don't know how to build this one from the source code directly on the device (install the build libraries and programs, etc...).

Well in that way, I'm also asking to all of us that had built vpncmd in ARM legacy ABI (32bits) version if they could share me a link with the file to permit me (and maybe other ones) to get it.

Thanks in advance

Android device quick specs :
Processor : Quad-Core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7, Architecture : ARMv7-A,
with GPU : Mali 400MP
Android version : 4.2.2

NB : I have rooted my device and have a command line tool over ssh

Note: Please, avoid replying me that my idea is useless or won't work for sure unless you explain me why and what concretely make it impossible. Thanks
Last edited by eTimSfr on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

GIANT_CRAB

Re: VPN Administration Over Android

Post by GIANT_CRAB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:02 am

It's a really great idea and it's really great to see people wanting to contribute to the opensource community. However, if you don't know how to build it from the source code directly, it would be very difficult for you to do this.

Why? Because vpncmd has no API or anything easy for you to leverage on, so modifying the source code is your best bet.

Other than that, it would be a bit unnecessary because there are server administration apps such as JuiceSSH, etc, which allows SSH access and then the user would be able to do vpncmd.

eTimSfr

Re: VPN Administration Over Android

Post by eTimSfr » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:54 am

Thanks for replying, GIANT_CRAB.

My first idea was to execute the vpncmd file directly on the android device with a terminal app.

In my case I was trying (with the incompatible ARM EABI version of vpncmd) :
cd /root (localization of the vpncmd)
./vpncmd

But the program was unreadable because (I think) my android device doesn't have an EABI processor.

But yes, you're right, the best solution here is to access the <vpnserver> over ssh and then execute on the server vpncmd (I don't know how I could have missed that ...)

Well, solution founded !

Thanks again :-)