random disconnects with SoftEther on Digital Ocean droplet

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
vov

random disconnects with SoftEther on Digital Ocean droplet

Post by vov » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:46 pm

I have installed SoftEther on a 1Gb Digital Ocean Droplet. Using SecureNAT. CPU never goes above 20% with most of the time bellow that.

Everything works fine but we get random disconnects every 1-2 hours or so..(the disconnect looks more like a packet loss as the soft ether doesnt issue the disconnect message, but rather skype, yahoo etc are beeing logged out and then in , so this is how i can tell there are random disconnects for short times - few seconds).

I have changed the Region on Digital Ocean and also installed in a different region, same result.
On another instance i run openvpn access server also in Digital Ocean (same region) and no issues there for years...

I am connecting using the Softether client and protocol...

Any ideas ?:)

vov

Re: random disconnects with SoftEther on Digital Ocean dropl

Post by vov » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:03 pm

further testing yelded even more strange results :

- i am monitoring with a ping tool from the same machine 2 different internet hosts
-while i still see the yahoo messenger and skype disconnect and connect from time to time, i dont see any packet loss with ping monitoring (and i am pinging every 1 second)..

Any ideas ?:)

thisjun

Re: random disconnects with SoftEther on Digital Ocean dropl

Post by thisjun » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:33 am

How was latency of network?
Is there high latency?