the Virtual Network Adapter device deiver problem

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Aera121

Re: the Virtual Network Adapter device deiver problem

Post by Aera121 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:36 pm

Got the same problem here. Every time i try to set up a virtual network adapter with this programm or even direct in the decive manager i got an error that it can not be created... I saw some comments in the internet about deactivating or deinstalling the antivirus programm (in my case i got avast). I tried that but it does not changed the fact. It is still not working.

If someone knows a solution to this i would be very pleased to hear it.

Best Regards
Aera

Edit:
I use Windows 10 education version...

Aera121

Post by Aera121 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:34 am

push

Sorry for the inconvenience but i really hope that someone could help me (us, considering hhhhh841 have a similar problem, and so does many others as i saw on previous posts in this forum) with that problem. I tried to google for that problem but could not find something helpfull...
I started the programm in admin-modus, tried to use earlier versions of softether, tried to add a new virtual network adapter in the device manager > add new legacy device > network adapter driver > softether > vpn, which lead to a timeout and did not work either...

Would really appreciate some help
Thanks...
Best Regards Aera

Aera121

Post by Aera121 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:30 am

Finally i found a solution. Installing of the newest VMware Pro product allowed me to install some virtual network adapters. No problems at all there to install them. This, somehow, fixed the problem of softether to create new virtual network adapters.. Seems like SoftEther has some problems with admin rights to do certain things on the computer..