Hi everyone, I was really excited when I discovered this product, since I wasn’t happy with the solution built in solution that Windows 2016 offers. But after some testing, I think it won’t suit me.
My infrastructure is a hyper-V guest running Windows 2016 with 1 NIC. Inside this VM I installed SoftEther version 4.25. My DHCP server is on the same subnet as the VM running SoftEther. The VM is joined to the active directory. Nat is done with Cisco ASA towards this VM.
The clients: Windows machine connecting with windows native client (SSTP) using active directory account.
So far, everything works OK.
My problem I think is more a limitation of the software or me not understanding some concepts.
I want to use access lists in the following manner.
1) Create one access list for every destination server.
2) Assign a group for each access list.
3) Add users to the groups created in point 2. A user can belong to more than one group
Problem I find:
1) Can’t put more than one user or group in an access list.
2) Can’t add same user to more than 1 group.
Are my findings correct?
Is there a different approach to what I’m trying to achieve?
Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1