please help with setting up IKEV2 for NORDVPN servers

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
tharunam

please help with setting up IKEV2 for NORDVPN servers

Post by tharunam » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:03 pm

Please review what I have attached here and tell me what I may be doing wrong to connect to Nordvpn servers for IKEV2.

I have a valid account and am able to log into their server using Microsoft setup for IKEV2 server.

Nordvpn does not offer application to access the IKEV2 protocol except a long procedure for setting up an IKEV2 protocol.

https://nordvpn.com/tutorials/windows-7/ikev2/

Thanks for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

centeredki69

Re: please help with setting up IKEV2 for NORDVPN servers

Post by centeredki69 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello Tharunam,

What you are doing wrong is trying to use the SoftEther client. The SoftEther client is used only for connecting to a Softther server using the Ehternet Over HTTPS-SSL VPN protocol.

Softether servers is based on Ehternet Over HTTPS-SSL VPN protocol.. I think softether is the only VPN software that uses it, which makes it unique. This is also why the client is needed as no other client uses their protocol. However the Softether server software can also replicate for convenience other common VPN Protocols but as of now it does not support IKEv2 ( I wish it did ).

You are using NORD vpn's recommended procedure for connecting using IKEv2.
I have used the same process with NORD for over a year. I agree it is kinda aggravating and if you need to connect to a different location you have to set up a connection for each location and server. And install the certificates for each. The NORD software which I do not like uses OPENVPN protocol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tharunam

Post by tharunam » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:23 am

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

I appreciate it.

I am confused as to why I did not get notified about your reply even though I had chosen the option to receive email notification for any replies.

So, what I hear from you is the best way to do what I want to do is just grin and bear it?

How do you like Nordvpn?

Again, many thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

tharunam

Post by tharunam » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks.

So, Nordvpn is my only option for setup, correct for IKEV2?

Again much appreciated.

If softether becomes available in the future please do reach out to me and I will do the same for you.