[Solved] SoftEther and AWS with multiple VPC with VPC-Peering

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
CF_S

[Solved] SoftEther and AWS with multiple VPC with VPC-Peering

Post by CF_S » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:45 am

Hello everybody,

first of all THANKS to the creators of SoftEther, it is really a great software!

I have just started using Amazon AWS and have two VPCs there, which are peered. I can reach all servers of VPC A on VPC B and vice versa. That all works perfectly well.
Now I installed a server for SoftEther in VPC A and enabled SecureNAT. That also works well, but I can ONLY reach servers in VPC A using a VPN connection.
Following the AWS documentation, you cannot do "Edge to Edge Routing Through a VPN Connection" (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/vpc/latest/ ... tions.html), but I hoped that my case would be different: For AWS, my VPN users should be coming from a "local server inside VPC A" (the SoftEther server) and should therefore be able to contact VPC B, right?
(As, like already explained above, I can reach all servers in VPC B from all servers in VPC A where SoftEther is located. The SoftEther server itself can also reach all servers in VPC B.)

I have pushed the route to both VPCs in the SecureNAT config (where 192.168.30.1 is the IP of the SecureNAT):

Code: Select all

10.XXX.10.0/255.255.254.0/192.168.30.1, 10.YYY.90.0/255.255.254.0/192.168.30.1
Using VPN, I can reach all VPC A servers perfectly, but nothing in VPC B.

I would be really happy if you could help me to get this working! :)

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Chris
Last edited by CF_S on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

CF_S

Re: SoftEther and AWS with multiple VPC with VPC-Peering

Post by CF_S » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:33 am

Really nobody? :-(

Any tips or tricks are appreciated :-)

Could a "trick" be to create a Site2Site VPN between the VPCs and then create a VPN Hub in one of the VPCs? Should the clients then be able to reach both VPCs (using the Site2Site VPN)?

Best regards,

Chris

CF_S

Re: [Solved] SoftEther and AWS with multiple VPC with VPC-Peering

Post by CF_S » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:59 am

Solution:
The "trick" with the Site2Site-VPN in each VPC worked beautifully :-)

Now I can access all VPCs using only one VPN connection...

Great software! :)

Best regards,

Chris