Problem connecting SE VPN client via hotspot

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Sysbgn

Problem connecting SE VPN client via hotspot

Post by Sysbgn » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Hello, first of all I would like to apologize for my noob questions, but I'm not an expert in VPN settings.
I configured a simple VPN connection between a PC running Windows 7 ultimate(SE server) and a notebook, using Secure NAT settings. Both computers are behind routers and with different fibernet ISPs. This configuration works like a charm when connected to fiber net. The problem is when I switch the laptop network connection through a Hotspot (Tethering) and try to connect my Notebook (win7 ultimate) to the server. I constantly receive Error 1 and can not connect. If I switch back network connection to fibernet it starts to work again. My mobile operator does not deny tethering, because I have also an openvpn connection to another openvpn server and it works both on fibernet and hotspot(tethering) connection. So could you help me to investigate what am I doing wrong configuring my SE server or client?

thisjun

Re: Problem connecting SE VPN client via hotspot

Post by thisjun » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:13 am

I guess there is carrier grade NAT on the mobile network.
So, NAT-T connection may fail.
Please try to configure port forward on the VPN server side router.

Sysbgn

Re: Problem connecting SE VPN client via hotspot

Post by Sysbgn » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Thanks a lot, that solved the problem :)