Setup local bridge on window server and route only vpn traffic via vpn client

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Usman

Setup local bridge on window server and route only vpn traffic via vpn client

Post by Usman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Hi,

I am currently facing two issues with softether

1. we have our softether installed on windows server 2012 as a Remote access vpn server. It is working okay with secure nat. The issue I am facing with secure nat is all internet traffic goes through vpn session, where I want to set it up in a way that only traffic for remote lan will go via vpn. As the internet traffic goes via vpn and this reduces the internet speed as well. For example. After connecting to vpn I tracert google IP notcied that it is going from my office default gateway not my home router default gateway. I tried increasing the metric value of vpn client adapter but after that I can connect via vpn but cannot access any resource on remote LAN. Any suggestion ?

2. I want to use local bridge instead of Softether Secure NAT and DHCP. For that the softether server has two NIC's. One assigned with public IP to connect to vpn and other connected to internal network. I have setup the local bridge on adpater connected to internal network. When I connect via VPN my client gets IP from Remote LAN DHCP server but I can ping only vpn server IP's, can't access the network of VPN Server (remote LAN). This is what bringing a question in my mind do I also need to setup a NAT router on window server for local bridge to work ?

thisjun

Re: Setup local bridge on window server and route only vpn traffic via vpn client

Post by thisjun » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:23 am

For the first question.
Please delete default gateway setting from DHCP server configuration.
And, push the route for the LAN to the client.

For the second question.
Do you create the localbrige to the device that doesn't allow promiscuous mode?