Sample Configuration for Site-to-Site VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
wildhorsemusic

Sample Configuration for Site-to-Site VPN

Post by wildhorsemusic » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:18 pm

Hello,
I have been trying to get this configuration working... but have been unsuccessful. Here's the current environment:
1) I have a pre-existing SoftEther VPN Server on a hosted Windows 2012 Server, which is configured as a VPN Server serving SoftEther VPN Clients. (This has been working for a while with no problems).
2) We have built a Ubuntu 18.04 VPS with Digital Ocean. SoftEther VPN Server is loaded and can accept VPN Clients.
3) We will be moving off of the Windows Server in the future.
4) The Windows 2012 Server needs to keep hosting VPN Clients until we change over.

I need help configuring a Site-to-Site VPN connection between the Ubuntu VPN Server and the Windows VPN Server. I have not been able to find a guide that walks through the entire process. The manuals/HowTo's on the SoftEther site help with portions but nothing describes an end-to-end procedure. In the past, I have built more than 350 VPN connections between multi-vendor hardware devices, but not a site-to-site using software.

What initiates the tunnel between the two sites? I tried setting it up using L2TPv3 over IPSec with no luck.
Thank you for time and patience.

sky59

Re: Sample Configuration for Site-to-Site VPN

Post by sky59 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:35 am

Server is always only one! On another machine you have to use Bridge /that is a sort of minimalistic server that establishes comm/

Search my posts i went through already this process

raafat

Re: Sample Configuration for Site-to-Site VPN

Post by raafat » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Hello there! Are you sure you need Site-to-Site VPN? According to your words in the first post it seems like you don't need it. So may you elaborate more on your issue?