Remote access to license server behind NAT

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
hyperknot

Remote access to license server behind NAT

Post by hyperknot » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 pm

I am trying to solve remote access to an Archicad / Codemeter license server (running Windows) in an office. The client program (on remote computer) needs to connect to a single TCP port on a server, where it can continuously check the license while it's in use.

To make matters a bit more complicated, this server is behind an ISP level NAT, thus direct TCP connection to this port is not possible.

Can I use SoftEther to solve this? As I understand two problems needs to be solved:
1. Allow a VPN behind NAT, but this is a strong point for SoftEther, isn't it?
2. Configure clients in such a way that every network traffic is routed like before, except for one single port to one single server.

It's mostly point 2. which is difficult for me. Can you help a bit about understanding that? Do I need to configure the server or the clients for this? And if so, how?

thisjun

Re: Remote access to license server behind NAT

Post by thisjun » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:35 am

1. Allow a VPN behind NAT, but this is a strong point for SoftEther, isn't it?
Please try to use VPN Azure feature.
2. Configure clients in such a way that every network traffic is routed like before, except for one single port to one single server.
If the license server segment and bridged segment are same, please increase the metric value of the virtual NIC.
This configuration doesn't meet your requirement because packets to the destination belonging to the segment of the virtual NIC will flow to the VPN.