VPN Server on a Windows 10 VPS

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
imalik

VPN Server on a Windows 10 VPS

Post by imalik » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:46 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to set up a VPN server on a Windows 10 VPS, I've set up everything and was able to connect to the VPN successfully, but the download/upload speeds were very slow and unstable, ranging from 2Mbps to 20Mbps while my home connections is 350Mbps and the VPS is 500Mbps. After some research, one of the solutions was to avoid using the built-in SecureNAT and Dhcp. now, I couldn't find any further explanation on how to set this up on a Windows OS.

I tried using DHCP server tools for Windows and disabled the SecureNAT, while it did give an IP address to the client, there was no internet access. After reading some more, I installed a Microsoft Loopback Adapter (MLA) and set up a new bridge on SE, but again when connecting to the server I got no internet access.

Would appreciate it if someone with the knowledge could help with this, again this is a Windows 10 OS on a VPS server, and it has a Static IP Address.

solo

Re: VPN Server on a Windows 10 VPS

Post by solo » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:58 am

After disabling SecureNAT, apart from DHCP, you also need to replace vNAT with MS' RRAS.

But first, restore SecureNAT and post your TrafficClient stats https://www.vpnusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68834