How do I print my local printer while connected to VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
moatazelmasry

Re: How do I print my local printer while connected to VPN

Post by moatazelmasry » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:25 pm

If you are in a different subnet (most probably), then you can not. I can only guess.
Assume the internal network, where the printer is located is on 192.168.0.0/24, assume further that SoftEther hands out IPs from the pool 192.168.30.0/24.
Then in the head office, you (or the admin) needs to crate a bridge between 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.30.0/24

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:10 am

I think there is a network printer server, so you should ask to administrator the host.

og1

Post by og1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:55 pm

I have the same issue, not being able to communicate with with my printers and other devices on my local subnet (all the target devices and the VPN client computer are on the same private local subnet connected through a SoftEther Virtual Hub on the VPN Server).

In my case the SoftEther Windows Client connects via the SoftEther VPN Server and the local DHCP server gives my computer(running the Windows Client) an appropriate private IP address on the local subnet I want to join (same as subnet as m printers). There's no print server. It should be just a standard, direct Layer 2 communication between my computer and the printer over the VPN.

But my computer(with the SoftEther client) can't even ping the printer's private IP address.

There's some settings on the SoftEther VPN settup for the client session that don't seem to be documented anywhere that need to be adjusted to enable access/visibility of the printer and other devices on the private subnet (most likely). Does anyone know what (and where?) those settings are.

Thanks for your help and time. Appreciated.

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:26 am

Does your server side network address and client side network address are overlapped?
If so, please change the either network address.