Upgrading compilers to VS2013/2015

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
logan40

Upgrading compilers to VS2013/2015

Post by logan40 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:38 pm

I read through the last few months of posts and only found 1 mention of upgrading the compilers for the project, but wanted to ask a couple more questions that did not cover.

As you may know, Visual Studio 2008 will have long term support fully dropped in 2018, which should necessitate an upgrade to a newer compiler.

I have attempted to get this to work. Most of the changes required are in the build tool, and pointing the compilers to newer executables. Also the solution file needs to be updated to MSBUILD instead of VCBUILD, with the corresponding changes. However, I have hit a roadblock locating what library "libintelaes" is. Is this the Intel AES library? If so, I can attempt to recompile that. Along with OpenSSL recompiled, I may be able to update the project to a newer compiler.

Are there any other caveats I have yet to discover in this upgrade process?

Thanks in advance.

mckoz

Re: Upgrading compilers to VS2013/2015

Post by mckoz » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:26 pm

logan40, were you able to figure out the compiler issues? We are concerned about 2008 as well, and would like to understand what is available. Thanks in advance, David