Changing user passwords with vpncmd

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
dmatsuo

Changing user passwords with vpncmd

Post by dmatsuo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi. I'm trying to allow my users to change their passwords after the first login via vpnclient (a script allowing them to make it using vpncmd would be preferable). I was only able to do this with the GUI client for windows (as shown here https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... VPN_Server). As the majority of my users will be using Linux/OS X, that would be a nuisance.

Can I also do that using vpncmd in client mode? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

oscar.dc

Re: Changing user passwords with vpncmd

Post by oscar.dc » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:28 pm

I allow my users to change their password, no matter if it was the first login or not.
I use active directory to create user and I build web app that allow register user directly into AD, and send me a notification with the access that users needs.
I use 1 virtualhub and it were configured for authenticate every user into AD. So when users registered they can connected automatically to the softether VPN, and they can access to public information but need wait for me to allow in the access control list private access restrictions.

web app is for manage users by me and allow users make some change in their profile. i offer in this web information about how to use the clients to connnect to the VPN and control tickets that need users to access to the private information.

I build my web app, but exist a lot of solutions open source that allow you offer to users the option to manage they account settings by web app if you use ldap for authentication. Greetings.

dmatsuo

Re: Changing user passwords with vpncmd

Post by dmatsuo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:07 am

Hi!

Thank you for your answer. I was thinking about something embedded in SoftEther. Like the Client Manager for Windows (which allows to change user password).

As I did not find this alternative I assume this option is only availalbe for Windows, so I'll inform my users accordingly. At this time, I do not intend to implement an AD or ldap due to time constraints. ;-)

oscar.dc wrote:
> I allow my users to change their password, no matter if it was the first
> login or not.
> I use active directory to create user and I build web app that allow
> register user directly into AD, and send me a notification with the access
> that users needs.
> I use 1 virtualhub and it were configured for authenticate every user into
> AD. So when users registered they can connected automatically to the
> softether VPN, and they can access to public information but need wait for
> me to allow in the access control list private access restrictions.
>
> web app is for manage users by me and allow users make some change in their
> profile. i offer in this web information about how to use the clients to
> connnect to the VPN and control tickets that need users to access to the
> private information.
>
> I build my web app, but exist a lot of solutions open source that allow you
> offer to users the option to manage they account settings by web app if you
> use ldap for authentication. Greetings.