Unable to torrent

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Phreon

Unable to torrent

Post by Phreon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:10 am

Hello,

New user here and not to knowledgeable with Linux or Networking so I'm seeking your guys help.

I've managed to install SoftEther Server on my Ubuntu 16 LTS server but I have the most basic setup done. My Users are getting a adequate upload / download speeds but for some reason unable to torrent while connected to the VPN, my users would like the ability to torrent while on the VPN.

I have SecureNAT enabled but I do not know how where to begin to setup the VPN properly without SecureNAT since I think that might be the culprit or am I completely wrong?

Would anyone like to help me please? I've read in previous posts about creating bridges or TAPs but I do not know how to do this unfortunately or if that is even the correct path I should take?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

exoruel

Re: Unable to torrent

Post by exoruel » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Of course, the downside on the privacy front is that all these other online folks you’re sharing with can clearly see your IP address, so if you want to avoid that, obviously a VPN will ensure that your details stay private. Providing the Virtual Private Network in question supports torrents, of course.

thisjun

Re: Unable to torrent

Post by thisjun » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:58 am

Does the client need to connect to internet via VPN?