"Remote Access VPN Server" is grey-out

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
paredeso

"Remote Access VPN Server" is grey-out

Post by paredeso » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Disclosure: I'm have just basic knowledge of routing.

I have a project where I have 2 different Private Sub-nets. One is Wire and the other is wireless. I Need to access from the wireless to the wired and receive an IP Address from the wire sub-net.
1. I start a the project by using a Raspberry PI 3, I installed LEDE-Project (Openwrt).
2. the basic functions of the router are working ( i can browse the internet from the wired to the wireless).
3 Installed Softeher on the PI and on a windows laptop. and connect to the pi from the wired subset.
4 When I try to configure the PI with the server manager I'm the option for "Remote Access VPN Server" is grey-out.

What Am I doing wrong? What did i missed?

Thanks

thisjun

Re: "Remote Access VPN Server" is grey-out

Post by thisjun » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 am

Did you run the VPN server service by root?

lschweiss

Post by lschweiss » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 pm

I'm having the same problem on OpenWRT LEDE 17.01.4.

The only option available on the Easy Setup page is Site-to-Site VPN Bridge. Everything else is greyed out.

Did you ever figure out how to fix this?

-Chip

centeredki69

Post by centeredki69 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:56 pm

It sounds Like you installed the "Bridge" version of the software not the "Server" version

The bridge version is a stripped down version of the Server software. It is used to make outbound connections from a one location back to a Server.
Such as L2 Casscade connections

The Server version gives you all features. It can make outbound connection to other serves and receive inbound connection from clients, servers and the Bridge virsions.

lschweiss

Post by lschweiss » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 pm

I eventually found my problem. The OpenWRT installation was on a router with only 32MB ram. When starting oomkill was wiping out the vpnserver.

The softethervpn package in OpenWRT installs the bridge, server, and client. Many routers don't have enough ram for this.