No Certificate Authorization

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
Donguri

No Certificate Authorization

Post by Donguri » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Running SoftEther 4.10 build 9473 on a Centos 6.5 64bit box.

Whenever I set up a user with Individual Certificate Authorization, ServerManager goes through the motions, only to tell me at the end that certificate authorization has not been implemented yet.

Likewise, when I use vpncmd, it happily takes all info, uploads the key, only to say in the end:

"Error occurred. (Error code: 143)
The Certificate Authentication function and the External Server Authentication function have not been implemented on the open-source version of SoftEther VPN yet. Choose either Anonymous Authentication or Password Authentication instead."

I understand that there has been a legal issue that precluded this functionality from being implemented. However, from the docs I am led to believe that the RSA certificate user authentication function (and a few more goodies) have been implemented since SoftEther VPN 4.06 Build 9430 (Beta) (March 20, 2014)

Could someone shed some light on this?
Last edited by Donguri on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qupfer

Re: No Certificate Authorization

Post by qupfer » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Do you life in china?

As I remember, is in the chinese version the cert-authorization disabled.
You have to download the source code, modify some things and compile it.

Donguri

Post by Donguri » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:11 pm

I live in Tokyo, and compiled according to the on-line instructions from softether-vpnserver-v4.10-9473-beta-2014.07.12-linux-x64-64bit.tar.gz

In vpn_server.config, it says "string Region JP"

The server sits behind a Tokyo IP. Tokyo is not subject to Chinese law, at least not yet.

If there are compiler switches, I'd love to know and use them

Donguri

Post by Donguri » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:33 am

I installed vpnserver both

- from the binaries at http://jp.softether-download.com/files/ ... bit.tar.gz

- and after compiling from source retrieved from http://jp.softether-download.com/files/ ... eta.tar.gz

In both cases, I am unable to create a user with individual certificate authorization.

I would be very much grateful for help in enabling this.