Increasing RADIUS timeout

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
grahamsz

Increasing RADIUS timeout

Post by grahamsz » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:30 am

I've got SoftEther set up with Active Directory and the Duo Security two factor log in thing. From SoftEther's perspective that means I'm hitting very slow RADIUS server. There currently seems to be a 10 second RADIUS timeout, which is fast enough to do a push confirmation from the Duo App but not fast enough to have them call my landline to verify my connection. I'd like to push the RADIUS time out up to something like 60 seconds instead of the current 10.

It looks to me that while I can alter the RADIUS_RETRY_INTERVAL, there doesn't seem to be a way to set the RADIUS_RETRY_TIMEOUT. Obviously I could change Radius.h:119 to have a higher timeout but i'd prefer not to have to manage my own windows builds going forward.

Any ideas on how i can accomplish this more elegantly?

flyer292

Re: Increasing RADIUS timeout

Post by flyer292 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:48 pm

I am having the same issue please let me know if you found a solution for this issue

dmun

Post by dmun » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:28 pm

Interesting, I think I've seen this same timeout when waiting for DHCP replies. I can't get L2TP working in my environment because DHCP takes about 11 seconds but the timeout appears to be 10.

It sounds like 10 seconds is a common or default timeout with softether. It would be very useful to adjust this timer for all events.

dmarlow

Post by dmarlow » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:13 pm

Yes, please allow this to be configurable. I'm actually using a 2 factor auth system and between the 2 FA + Radius auth, it can take longer than 10 seconds.