Error 13 always pop out since May 21

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
sis

Error 13 always pop out since May 21

Post by sis » Sun May 25, 2014 2:33 pm

Hello, there is something wrong with the vpngate on my computer. Since May 21, when I connect to the servers in the vpngate list, sometime it 's successfully connected but the network icon on the system tray shows no internet access and there is a yellow exclamatory mark on the icon, after a few seconds it will disconnect automatically and shows error code 13, like this

Error (Error Code 13):
Time-out occurred during VPN session communication. It is possible the connection from the client to the VPN Server has been disconnected.

sometime it 's successfully connected without a yellow exclamatory mark on network icon on the system tray but the network not working can't surf any website and after about one minute it will disconnect automatically and shows error code 13

No matter how many times i tried restart computer or shut down the computer power, the problem still exists. But some servers work fine, it can connect and works like normal, while most of the servers fail. I don't know if that's the modem problem or the vpngate problem, but it works fine without connecting to the vpn on my computer , it seems the modem is ok. I tried download the latest version vpngate on the official site and reinstall it, problem still exists.

I have try some other vpn service, for example some openvpn, all work fine without the problem mentioned above, and that problem just happened recently, vpngate works very well before, I think it's really the vpngate problem, but I can't find anyone post the similar question here anyone help fix the problem.

I am using windows 8.1 64bit and the latest version vpngate build 9437.

smile2

Re: Error 13 always pop out since May 21

Post by smile2 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:16 am

yes. I found same Error 13 when connect to most of servers.
before several days, all to Japan servers connection report Error 13.
but recently most of all country shows Error 13,
connection always been disconnected less one minute.

mppbee

Post by mppbee » Mon May 26, 2014 2:42 pm

i too can connect to any servers on vpngate server lists.
they connect but don't do anything at all.
it doesn't change my ip ether.
but it doesnt give me the error 13.

does softether vpn still works?
i made and no one is helping me too.

Please help us.

smile2

Post by smile2 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:10 am

Fine, I found a way to finish Error 13.
send email to me 4f4fd49d@opayq.com, I may reply to you.

smile2

Post by smile2 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:59 am

I received a problem about ip doesn't change after connection.
I don't know why it happen. I think your network environment was very unique.

dnobori

Post by dnobori » Thu May 29, 2014 4:44 am

Where is your country?

sis

Post by sis » Fri May 30, 2014 1:47 am

I am in China, Since May 21 and the problem still exist every day till now, I can hardly find a working server, 9 out of 10 encounter the problem I mentioned in the post, how to fix the problem ?

dnobori

Post by dnobori » Fri May 30, 2014 3:44 pm

In China, there is Great Firewall. Perhaps GFW staffs are doing good jobs.

sis

Post by sis » Sat May 31, 2014 2:01 am

Hope your team of elite will solve the problem of Error code 13, the Vpngate is a very great free tool to bypass the restraint in China, the speed is better than many pay vpn, but 9 out of 10 servers encounter the problem posted and I have to use the pay vpn one day, that's bad, hope you can fix the problem thanks very much

internet freedom

Post by internet freedom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:22 pm

I have the same problem or rather I have two. error code 2 and error code 13.
Has anyone got any answers to these two problems. I have two other VPN services that I can fall back on. Cheers

sis

Post by sis » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:55 pm

The VPNGATE is no longer working in China, most servers get the error 13 problem, you can hardly find a working one, some openvpn configure file on the homepage is working but not stable, it may stop or disconnect anytime, and the vpngate staff seems not going to fix the problem as the problem exists for almost a month, I think we should share the other working and good vpn in the forum so users in China can still break the network restraint without the vpngate, I tried most free vpn I found in google, just ultrasurf is working sometime, others is either unconnectable or with very slow speed can't even load a webpage, have you some good free vpn with fast network or the good paid vpn recommendation, as you said you have two other vpn services , can you share here

internet freedom

Post by internet freedom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:42 pm

I have this problem. looks like the clowns operating the silly GFW might have something to do with this problem. try www.zenmate.com it's a free google plugin and encrypts everything. watch youtube. facebook and any other site. even in China.

internet freedom

Post by internet freedom » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Another VPN worth trying is Astrill. use it is stealth mode or open web and set it to port 443 and tick the proxy box in the middle. you also have goagent which is free.

sis

Post by sis » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:12 am

I tried the Astrill trial and I don't think the speed is good enough, and it just offers few servers for trial so I don't even know if every server is connectable, and it's a bit expensive, as for goagent it's too complicated and seems it has bandwith limit, have you try hidemyass, it seems very popular but I never try it, I can see some bad comments on hidemyass vpn, can you share some information about hidemyass

noname.verified

Post by noname.verified » Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 am

its about you network adapter is unpluged or not responding, please check your adapter first. Control panel>Network and sharing center>change adapter setting, then connect the VPN.

StarLite777

Post by StarLite777 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:43 am

Sometimes your main internet connection need 4G before you can get ip 4 complete

zaekaleem

Post by zaekaleem » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:12 am

sis wrote:
Sun May 25, 2014 2:33 pm
Hello, there is something wrong with the vpngate on my computer. Since May 21, when I connect to the servers in the vpngate list, sometime it 's successfully connected but the network icon on the system tray shows no internet access and there is a yellow exclamatory mark on the icon, after a few seconds it will disconnect automatically and shows error code 13, like this

Error (Error Code 13):
Time-out occurred during VPN session communication. It is possible the connection from the client to the VPN Server has been disconnected.

sometime it 's successfully connected without a yellow exclamatory mark on network icon on the system tray but the network not working can't surf any website and after about one minute it will disconnect automatically and shows error code 13

No matter how many times i tried restart computer or shut down the computer power, the problem still exists. But some servers work fine, it can connect and works like normal, while most of the servers fail. I don't know if that's the modem problem or the vpngate problem, but it works fine without connecting to the vpn on my computer , it seems the modem is ok. I tried download the latest version vpngate on the official site and reinstall it, problem still exists.

I have try some other vpn service, for example some openvpn, all work fine without the problem mentioned above, and that problem just happened recently, vpngate works very well before, I think it's really the vpngate problem, but I can't find anyone post the similar question here anyone help fix the problem.

I am using windows 8.1 64bit and the latest version vpngate build 9437.
Has anyone got any answers to these two problems. I have two other VPN services that I can fall back on. Cheers

msaenzb

Post by msaenzb » Fri May 28, 2021 2:56 pm

I have the same problem since May 21, waiting for a quick solution

Disabling the ssl function works but it is the key to using this VPN ...