Vpngate is not working in China anymore

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
sis

Vpngate is not working in China anymore

Post by sis » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:44 pm

The VPN gate client manager keeps Error 13 after connecting to any server in the list.

The openvpn file on the vpngate site is not working, it disconnect immediately after being connected just a few seconds, just hardly can find just a few working files.

The vpngate research team never do anything to solve the problem even it has released some update versions since the problem in May.

The vpngate is useless in China now , hope fix the problem soon or anyone can recommend some working free good speed vpn ?

myopenid

Re: Vpngate is not working in China anymore

Post by myopenid » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:00 pm

Please send an email to fortestingpurpose@h o t m a i l . c o m and i'll send you my private server configs. Only softether protocol enabled since other protocol always get blocked.

rollingscissors

Post by rollingscissors » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:06 am

I can use OpenVPN inside China for a few minutes, on servers in obscure places like France, Brasil, and Ireland. They blocked the best performing ones in South Korea and Japan. The GFW seems to have a special function hunting VPN connections to the USA, Canada, South Korea, Japan and such places.

L2TP/IPsec lasts a little longer, but is quite slow - even to Japan and South Korea.

fjch1997

Post by fjch1997 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:43 pm

rollingscissors wrote:
> I can use OpenVPN inside China for a few minutes, on servers in obscure
> places like France, Brasil, and Ireland. They blocked the best performing
> ones in South Korea and Japan. The GFW seems to have a special function
> hunting VPN connections to the USA, Canada, South Korea, Japan and such
> places.
>
> L2TP/IPsec lasts a little longer, but is quite slow - even to Japan and
> South Korea.

Have you tried downloading the ovpn file from vpngate.com? They are config files that connects you directly to the destination server

ziphead

Post by ziphead » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:48 am

I think sometimes they're cutting down all the suspicious SSL traffic with foreign hosts. I've made a softether server on vps in US with the latest bild and opened only SSL port 443 (made self signed certificate authorization to exclude "man in the middle" attack. It worked fine for two days, but now connection is awfull. losing packets ... Thanks to ISP china telecom ! What is your ISP ? I heard that there are better companies and maybe their traffic analizers are not that tough....

ziphead

Post by ziphead » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:04 am

Sis, if you just need to bypass GFW try using tor with obfs3 proxies. It works but I'm not sure how secure it is :))

puw

Post by puw » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi, just found this place and it's easy enough for me to follow and setup.

However, tried a lot of the servers as listed on TCP, a few on UDP and got just a couple connecting for 30 secs. Seems like as soon as I make a move, they're onto me LOL.

I looked through the server options and couldn't find one that fit my situation - ie just get outside of this DeathStar LOL Seems the server is all about office to home, office to office, office to webserver etc.

I'm with CT in shangers. Has anyone got any good advice please, that they can pm me. I know nothing about setting up a VPS (or server), but willing to learn if it 'gets me out of here' :)

BTW, what Win OS do you all find is the best to work with, with the gateway? Also, have you got anything else installed working alongside, say like PUTTY, that's helping?