Full vpn servers list

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
dajmon

Full vpn servers list

Post by dajmon » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:24 pm

Hello,

At webpage there is information "The 5946 Public VPN Relay Servers by volunteers around the world."
but from SoftEther VPN Client I can list only 98 servers. How to get full list of servers?

placidomaio

Re: Full vpn servers list

Post by placidomaio » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:48 pm

I have the same problem

I look "The 8019 Public VPN Relay Servers by volunteers around the world." but I find 98 servers only.

It's possible to look all complete list server ?

It's possible to find server for country ?

Help me please, thanks

rollingscissors

Post by rollingscissors » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:32 am

A visitor to the VPN Gate server listing page is only shown a subset of the available servers, though other servers are online. They do that to prevent an attacker from blacklisting all of the servers at once and thereby blocking access from China and other censoring countries.

The most thorough listing you can get is by sending visitors to the list from different countries and then compiling a unified master server list, which will still be a subset of all servers. Perhaps one could also compile a list of servers by using the client interface and comparing with several others in other locations. Be aware that a server list is a perishable resource, going stale after a few days. Servers change addresses or go offline, and they get blocked by censorship systems.

VPN Gate is still resistant to attack to the degree that server operators are willing to routinely freshen the network by changing their IP addresses. Enough servers doing this every few hours is enough to completely defeat the GFW and its clones.

dajmon

Post by dajmon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:02 am

rollingscissors wrote:

> The most thorough listing you can get is by sending visitors to the list
> from different countries and then compiling a unified master server list,
> which will still be a subset of all servers. Perhaps one could also
> compile a list of servers by using the client interface and comparing with
> several others in other locations. Be aware that a server list is a
> perishable resource, going stale after a few days. Servers change
> addresses or go offline, and they get blocked by censorship systems.
>

How I can do this?

BoredAus

Post by BoredAus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:50 am

With intimate knowledge of networking, the ability to either script or program to do it automatically and/or efficiently would be an added bonus.

For starters you need to basically proxy your connection and checking the VPN Gate website through it. There's no guarantees that this method would work perfectly either.

In short, no. If the list only shows 80 or 120 or so VPN servers that are available that is pretty much the only thing that is visible for normal users.