Allow certain Countries access VPNGate using access list ?

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
danymogh

Allow certain Countries access VPNGate using access list ?

Post by danymogh » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Hello,

As the topic says i want to allow certain country(ies) to connect to VPNGate and i know it's possible using the Access list (which already has 17 items).

How can i achieve this assuming i have the country IP ranges ?

Another question : why when i open those 17 items i can't see how the rules are setup and only in the Contents it shows what rule is that specific item is applying ?

Thanks

BoredAus

Re: Allow certain Countries access VPNGate using access list

Post by BoredAus » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:14 am

danymogh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As the topic says i want to allow certain country(ies) to connect to VPNGate and
> i know it's possible using the Access list (which already has 17 items).
>
> How can i achieve this assuming i have the country IP ranges ?
>

You might be better off trying to use some external software to filter countries based on your preferences. From there on depending on the functionality of those external softwares your outcomes may vary.

The 'Access List' from the SoftEther VPN Server Manager for VPNGATE is not configurable. Virtually any modifications to the setup for VPNGATE server results in error saying,"Unacceptable operation. Use the VPN Gate Control Panel to change the VPN Gate Relay Server settings."

danymogh wrote:
> Another question : why when i open those 17 items i can't see how the rules are setup
> and only in the Contents it shows what rule is that specific item is applying ?
>
> Thanks

You need to go into 'Manage Access Lists' to view the 17 items. I do not understand your latter question.