Repair VPN connection on AVG-using computers

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
examateur

Repair VPN connection on AVG-using computers

Post by examateur » Sun May 17, 2015 5:21 am

I've seen people complaining about not being able to connect to SoftEther VPN and so was I. After searching on the internet and trying all other VPN services, I figured out the problem was that AVG blocked VPN connection. Thus, I disabled the AVG filter for VPN connection (no need to uninstalling AVG which may leave your PC vulnerable). To do so:
1) Open Network and Sharing Center
2) Change Adapter Settings
3) Double click VPN-VPN Client
4) Uncheck AVG Network filter driver

I've also check the "Allow any traffic from/to virtual machines....." in AVG--> Options-->Firewall settings-->Expert Mode-->Advanced Settings--> (check the box)
Hope this would help ^^

examateur

Re: Repair VPN connection on AVG-using computers

Post by examateur » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:53 am

Spartanlp wrote:
> The filter driver is the AVG firewall so I would not recommend disabling
> this. As the VPN networks are not trusted you have just opened your
> computer up to the internet.
>
> I have the same issue though, when AVG firewall is up I do not receive a
> DHCP lease from any of the servers. If I completely uninstall AVG, not just
> disable, and use the Windows firewall I have no issues. Very frustrating.

You plan to use vpn connection to have "illegal access" to websites and stuffs on the internet and you want to feel safe with everything? Not a chance. There're always pros and cons. You get your IP hidden in exchange for temporary firewall shutdown. Me personally, I use vipre internet security, I do the same to use vpn ether, but the software still recognizes and prevents me from accessing known malicious websites, even if i turn off its firewall filter