Mac OS L2TP/IPsec, unable to connect with VPN Public Servers, help?

Post your questions about VPN Gate Academic Experiment Service here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
vpnbeginner

Mac OS L2TP/IPsec, unable to connect with VPN Public Servers, help?

Post by vpnbeginner » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:41 pm

Hello,

I have followed the directions on VPN Gate to configure my Mac OS 10.12.6 to utilize the built-in L2TP/IPsec tool. Link Here: https://www.vpngate.net/en/howto_l2tp.aspx#mac

After configuring my Mac correctly per the directions, I went to the VPN Gate Public Server List to connect with a VPN there.

I entered a VPN Server Address from the List: vpn357699512.opengw.net
I also attempted with the IP address related to this server address, but no luck with that either.

The Account name is set to: vpn

The Authentication settings have the password set to: vpn
And the machine authentication shared secret set to: vpn

I have changed the advanced setting to "Send all traffic over VPN connection"

After clicking "Connect" I wait for a few seconds then receive an error message saying, "The L2TP-VPN server did not respond. Try reconnecting. If the problem continues, verify your settings and contact your Administrator."

So, I thought perhaps it was an issue with that particular VPN server, and I continued to test all 15 of the top VPN servers on the Public VPN list. None of them have been able to connect so far. I have also attempted to come back and reconnect at different times over the last 3 days. Nothing seems to be working to make the connection yet.

Is it common to not connect to so many servers?

DO I really need to go down the list and test each one until I find one that works?

If it's a setting on my side, I'm not sure what it could be because I have followed the directions to configure and connect with a VPN, then re-check it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations that could help???

It would be much appreciated!

I have tested this over both private and public wifi signals with neither working, and its only for one personal computer...

Thanks - VPN Beginner

jrwilde

Re: Mac OS L2TP/IPsec, unable to connect with VPN Public Servers, help?

Post by jrwilde » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:05 am

Hey there.

I have the same issue. I'm testig here a Windows Client and a MacOS Client.
Windows is working fine. I can connect my vpn server fine. (using softether client)

MAC computer I have the same problem that you.

Any suggest?

Tnx
JR

fotosky

Post by fotosky » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:30 am

I had the same problem as you two....

pier2001

Post by pier2001 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:30 pm

Same problem, both MacOS and IOS.