proxy with 3 other users

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
koze

proxy with 3 other users

Post by koze » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:02 pm

Is it possible to set up proxy for 3 different users (different user and password)?

thisjun

Re: proxy with 3 other users

Post by thisjun » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:29 am

I can't understand your demand.
Please explain more detail.

koze

Post by koze » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:27 pm

First of all I can't get proxy working for one user (myself).
I have VPN working properly and it is great, but at my work I cannot install your client (no admin rights + I have to use company VPN). I don't believe it is possible to use your vpn on top of other.

I have a program which I want to run at my work. In this program I can put proxy and then works great.

The problem what I facing now is I cannot get proxy on your program set up correctly. I need to use http proxy with user/password. What do I need to set up in settings?

Thank you

Plastivore

Post by Plastivore » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:37 pm

Hi koze,

I think you are mixing up proxy and VPN. A VPN lets you create a tunnel that lets all the traffic go through it, as if you were directly connected on the same network as your VPN server (well, it's a bit more than that, but that's pretty much how I would sum it up). A proxy is a server that will 'act on your behalf'.

To explain the difference: when you connect to a website through a VPN, everything you do goes through the VPN and the web server on the internet sees you as if you were on the same network as the VPN server. When you access a website through a proxy, your browser asks the proxy to ask for the website on your behalf, and the server replies to the proxy, which then gives you the result. The website thinks that the request comes from the proxy, not from you. It may look the same in the end, but these are 2 different things.

SoftEhter is not a proxy, so it won't work. Also, if you can't install programs, chances are you can't create a VPN connection from the Network and Sharing Center in Windows, so I don't believe you'll be able to use SoftEther from work.

koze

Post by koze » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:19 pm

Thank you very much for deep explanation.

Would you please have a look at my screen and let me know what those proxy settings are for?

I was thinking that those settings are to set up your own proxy on VPN server but looks I am wrong.

Thanks again,

Koze

[attachment=0]proxy.JPG[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maltyx

Post by maltyx » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:03 am

these setting applies for making a connection to internet for DDNS service from the network you have set your vPN server.. in case that connection to Internet requires setting up a proxy