RAW IP Mode default true on UBUNTU VPS causes instability

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
GerryB

RAW IP Mode default true on UBUNTU VPS causes instability

Post by GerryB » Sun May 01, 2016 11:13 am

I had not updated my server software for many months. I did so but I found the latest edition unstable, I noticed especially for SSH connections on any port through the VPN. Repeated drops. I was just about to reinstall a previous version when I read the (edited) statement:

Since SoftEther VPN 4.19 Build 9582 Beta (October 6, 2015)
"Dramatically improvement of the performance of the Virtual NAT function of SecureNAT in Linux. In the previous versions of SoftEther VPN, the SecureNAT performance was very slow in the specific situation that the Linux Virtual Machine (VM) is running This version of SoftEther VPN Server adds the new "RAW IP Mode" in the SecureNAT function. The RAW IP Mode is enabled by default........You can disable the RAW IP Mode by setting the "DisableIpRawModeSecureNAT" value to "1" on the Virtual Hub Extending Options"

Stability on my machine was restored, and no change in speed on turning off that default, and editing config to "DisableIpRawModeSecureNAT" value to "true" (not 1, as the line is false)