Not Able to Connect Internet

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
lamidas

Not Able to Connect Internet

Post by lamidas » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:38 am

Hello,

First of all, thanks for reading my message.

I am trying to connect the internet with my VPN connection. My server works on a windows server 2012 and version is 4.34 9745. I was able to connect the internet while using DHCP server but I disable the DHCP server due to slow connection speeds. Now I assign an ip address on my home computer manually and was able to use this connection well but after a while it started not working. I think I changed something but I could not able to fix it. You may see some screenshots below.

as you may see, I have internet access on my home cable connection but does not have on VPN connection. When I try to connect a website, it opens from my home connection.

Could you please help me figure the problem?

nobody12

Re: Not Able to Connect Internet

Post by nobody12 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:57 pm

I guess, you dont want to send all your traffic through the VPN.
To send only the traffic which relates to the VPN network to the VPN, do the following:

Enable DHCP again on the VPN connection as the first step. I hope then you have access to the network behind the VPN again?
Then, in the VPN client manager:
open the properties of the connection, on the lower right, click "Advanced Settings"
in the next dialog, again on the lower right, check the "No adjustement of Routing Table"
Save everything.
Now, in the network properties of our computer:
You have the softvpn Ethernet adapter:
right click it, then properties
doubleklick IPv4 protocol
on the lower right, klick Advanced,
Now, there is a checkbox: "automatic metric". Uncheck it,
Set the metric of the Adapter to a high value, maybe 200 (higher values mean lower priority)
Ok Everything.

Does that help?

lamidas

Post by lamidas » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Thank you for your detailed message.

Actually, I may send all my traffic through VPN. I just want to use the VPN faster. I read some messages in forum that says DHCP function of softether slows down the internet speed on client so I just want to setup another configuration without DHCP.

Is there any way to do that?

r0otkit

Post by r0otkit » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:45 am

i don't think you can fix it the only way is to use local bridge and dnsmasq as dhcp server for your VPN server which is only available for Linux you can use this topic for guide: http://blog.lincoln.hk/blog/2013/05/17/ ... al-bridge/

nobody12

Post by nobody12 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:01 pm

lamidas wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:35 pm
Thank you for your detailed message.

Actually, I may send all my traffic through VPN. I just want to use the VPN faster. I read some messages in forum that says DHCP function of softether slows down the internet speed on client so I just want to setup another configuration without DHCP.

Is there any way to do that?
I cannot think of a way that using DCHP for address assignment makes anything slower or faster. DHCP does not route packets, it only hands out addresses.

ussarustam

Softether

Post by ussarustam » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:03 pm

when i found server in sofether it connects but not opening sites in there its hard to find server in turkmenistan also DHCP connection is not working since 2020.I hope yoou guys give me better results

vpnfail

Post by vpnfail » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:16 pm

perhaps you want to try WireGuard or OpenVPN if SoftEther is blocked for you in Turkmenistan?
Free VPN that works. For V2Ray, WireGuard and OpenVPN - https://vpn.fail/
Real-time free proxy list. SOCKS, HTTP & V2RAY - https://vpn.fail/free-proxy