SITE TO SITE VPN

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
FarivarT

SITE TO SITE VPN

Post by FarivarT » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:03 am

Hello everybody,

I would like to configure a Site-to-Site VPN between two servers located in different countries, but I don't know how to do that with softEther software.

The manual on the homepage is not very clear, at least for me, and I am still searching for a step-by-step guide but I can't find something clear.

So here is the idea:
I want to connect to Server B while Server B is also connected to Server A, it's pretty much something like this that I have in mind:
Client -> Site B -> Site A -> Internet

On site A I have a Linux server running Almalinux 9 with a single IP, let's say for example 162.44.65.174, and on site B a Linux server running Almalinux 8.5 with a single IP for example 213.63.138.114.

So how can I do this with softether?
Can someone help me?

solo

Re: SITE TO SITE VPN

Post by solo » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:46 am

Here is a step-by-step SoftEther 4 Installation Guide on CentOS 7 (Almalinux). For Site-to-Site VPN install SE server + SE bridge.

FarivarT

Post by FarivarT » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:30 am

I've installed SE Server on site A and SE Bridge on site B and made a cascade connection from site B "BRIDGE" virtual hub to site A "Citadel" virtual hub, but when I'm trying to connect using SE Client it returns Code 33: Unsupported, I'm pretty sure it's related to routing. My problem is more with the routings rather than installing the software itself.

How can I fix Code 33: Unsupported?

info: SecureNAT is enabled on Site A "Citadel" virtual hub.

solo

Post by solo » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:53 am

For a verification test connect a Windows SE client to "Citadel" with SecureNAT's default settings.
If you don't bridge to LAN on A, then it's not Site-to-Site VPN because SecureNAT is "one-way".