Installing SoftEther on digitalocean droplet but not being able to connect(Iran)

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
hmffa

Installing SoftEther on digitalocean droplet but not being able to connect(Iran)

Post by hmffa » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:10 pm

Hello,
I set up SoftEther on my droplet after trying many other opensource VPNs such as OpenVPN and Outline but there was a strange thing going on with the latter two. Both of them did not work but I was able to ping my droplet IP and even make SSH connection on any port. Any explanation?
Finally my question is now on my Windows machine I am able to connect to my VPN server and bypass censorship with SoftEther client app but I was not able to use OpenVPN on my PC (I edited config file and changed protocol to TCP and even tried other ports which by default server was listening but none of the worked). Which protocol does the client app use on PC so that it can successfully connect to my server?
Finally how can I connect using Android phone to my server with all the above mentioned things in mind (L2TP/IPSec PSK is also blocked in Iran I believe and did not work) as there are no official SoftEther client app for Android and OpenVPN also won't work. FYI OpenVPN works for some premium VPN providers and probably the protocol itself is not blocked.

hmffa

Re: Installing SoftEther on digitalocean droplet but not being able to connect(Iran)

Post by hmffa » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 am

Thanks solo but this is not the answer to my question! I can connect to SoftEther server on my Windows machine with the client app but not on my Android phone. I want to know how I can make it work (Default VPN protocols on Android are blocked!)

solo

Re: Installing SoftEther on digitalocean droplet but not being able to connect(Iran)

Post by solo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:13 am

So "default VPN protocols on Android are blocked" in Iran and you expect a simple one-click-fix to unblock them. Well, you will not find one. The solution is not simple but it works, click the above link again and review the entire thread.

mjthelearner

Post by mjthelearner » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:44 am

as im inside of iran, you need to know

a: all ports are blocked from outside of iran , except SSL 443 and 22
you cant access to Softether manager on port 5555 too, need to access from another VPN access out side of Iran IP.

if you want to have working OpenVPN, L2TP or any PPP protocols ,
1= RUN VPS Inside of IRAN
2= RUN VPS outside of IRAN
3= Connect 2 VPS together, Cascade Connection Setup
4= config all your VPN clients on Iran VPS
5= Connect to IRAN vps and you will route to OUTSIDE IRAN VPS

if you want to setup SSTP connection for Android USERs connect Directly to outside VPS, i suggest you a app called VPN PRO CLIENT with Green SHIED ICON