The softether DDNS default domain name is blocked from access

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
steven1618

The softether DDNS default domain name is blocked from access

Post by steven1618 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:23 am

Hello, when I use softether server, the default dynamic DNS host cannot be accessed, and I learned through inquiry that the local network operator blocked the domain address .softether.net, resulting in my inability to use it. Now I can only replace the default .softether.net dynamic DNS domain name of softether server with another one, I can continue to use softether, how to change?

solo

Re: The softether DDNS default domain name is blocked from access

Post by solo » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:37 am

Can you connect with a direct IP? If not, then "network operator blocked the domain address .softether.net" is not true.

shakibamoshiri

Re: The softether DDNS default domain name is blocked from access

Post by shakibamoshiri » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:28 pm

steven1618 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:23 am
Hello, when I use softether server, the default dynamic DNS host cannot be accessed, and I learned through inquiry that the local network operator blocked the domain address .softether.net, resulting in my inability to use it. Now I can only replace the default .softether.net dynamic DNS domain name of softether server with another one, I can continue to use softether, how to change?
DDNS ==> Dynamic DNS ==> an A record which changes over time

When you run a SE server, if you have access to the Internet, it registers your public IP address as a A record via a sub-domain of "softether.net"
For example vpn12345.softether.net.

So if you ip is 1.2.3.4 and your DDNS is vpn12345.softether.net
if you ping "vpn12345.softether.net" it resolves to your IP "1.2.3.4"

As @solo said, if you cannot connect to your SE server using direct IP (e.g 1.2.3.4) , the DDNS (e.g. vpn12345.softether.net) does not work either.