VPN needs to be non-shared

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
vpnuserishappy

VPN needs to be non-shared

Post by vpnuserishappy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:08 am

Hello
I've tried to log-in to 2 sites but the above message (or similar) has appeared.
As a non-technically minded person, I'm wondering if it's possible to have a non-shared VPN account with SoftEther software.
I have since removed the software due to this difficulty so if anyone could help it would be appreciated then I'll download try it again.

cedar
Site Admin

Re: VPN needs to be non-shared

Post by cedar » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:43 pm

I can't guess the message you saw.
Please give the exact error message.

vpnuserishappy

Post by vpnuserishappy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Nobody asked you to guess. That WAS the exact message received from one site.

The clear point being made here... is it possible to have a non-shared acct?

360sync

Post by 360sync » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello,

What cedar was mentioning and I took the same was the 'above message' part - sounded like something you saw. Not the fact that the subject here is the message - when posting it's best to keep the contents within the body and referring to the error/notification you've experienced.

As for the 'non-shared' - try implementing the privacy option within the policy either per user or virtual hub. Removing software and re-installing vs. diagnosing makes it hard to find the solution and relay the experience.

Something that would be very helpful is to have more details on where you experienced this, such as the sites or how you were using the VPN which then lead to the message. There are many ways to get similar errors and notifications, providing as much end-user details for us to feel the experience really helps.