Creating my own public VPN gate like packetix

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
hdavy2002

Creating my own public VPN gate like packetix

Post by hdavy2002 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:25 am

Hola folks,

I am in the process of creating a free public US specific VPN hub, just like. packetix(dot)net/en/vpn/

I have a 32GB ram server, 120 GB SSD, and plenty of bandwidth. My question is what OS should I use? Windows or Linux. I read somewhere that Softether performs better on Windows. I intend to use Ubuntu 12.04 but not sure on the performance and scalability.

Also, is there anyway to get a script like packetix(dot)net/en/vpn/ where users can register for free and manage their own hub.

Thanks for you input in advance.

Best

kh_tsang

Re: Creating my own public VPN gate like packetix

Post by kh_tsang » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:33 am

Only VPNGate Client(only support Windows) and Windows version of Softether VPN Server(I don't know about commercial version PacketiX) support VPNGate Relay function.
If you want to set up VPNGate Relay Server, you cannot use Linux version.

kh_tsang

Post by kh_tsang » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:18 pm

For the website script, I don't see any documentations on it even for Windows. Maybe the vpncmd file in Linux may be helpful. You can try to use PHP shell to execute the commands for managing the Softether VPN Server.

hdavy2002

Post by hdavy2002 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:37 pm

kh_tsang wrote:
> For the website script, I don't see any documentations on it even for
> Windows. Maybe the vpncmd file in Linux may be helpful. You can try to use
> PHP shell to execute the commands for managing the Softether VPN Server.

Thanks for your input. I think that is the best approach. Right now, when I sign up for packetix, I get a Japanese IP. Unlike me there are many who want a dedicated US IP to watch Hulu.com, netflix.com etc.

Hope to be operational within a month or so. Will update the community, so users interested in US only content can sign up free and enjoy their virtual VPN hub.

Thanks dev for bringing this awesome free soft to the general public.

Cheers