Error Code 1 (Connection To The Server Failed)

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
CNewbie

Error Code 1 (Connection To The Server Failed)

Post by CNewbie » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:50 pm

I have a fresh install of the latest SoftEther VPN 2.0 (Ver 2.0.0 Build 9387) downloaded from the main site on a Windows 8 laptop - there were no errors during the install. Upon connecting to any server (I am at the library using their free wifi) I get the following error:

[attachment=1]Untitled.png[/attachment]

I have retried several attempts with no success connecting through the VPN Gate Public Relay Servers link in the SoftEther VPN Client Manager. The Virtual Network Adapter was successfully created and is enabled. I have tried using both options (TCP and UDP protocols) and the above error is as far as I get while trying to connect to any of the servers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, since my reboot after the install, I now get this error as soon as the laptop starts:

[attachment=0]Untitled1.png[/attachment]

|PenCore.dll not found. SoftEther VPN couldn't start. Please reinstall all files with SoftEther VPN Installer.

I have reinstalled a couple of times and the error still pops up, but the software does load and I did check the Windows Services and it is listed there as 'Running'.

I have not made any modifications to the software, only the recommended install using the recommended settings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CNewbie

Re: Error Code 1 (Connection To The Server Failed)

Post by CNewbie » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:26 pm

UPDATE:

I went through all of the icons in the SoftEther VPN start menu and set all of the privileges to run as admin.

[attachment=0]Untitled2.png[/attachment]

When I was trying to run debugging info, it gave me the same "|PenCore.dll not found" error. After doing this (some icons, the box in the pic was not checked), I rebooted. The error did not reappear!
I started the software again and was able to connect to a server in Japan. The connection dropped after roughly 10 seconds and would not reconnect. While connected, I opened Google to check "What Is My IP" and it asked if I would like to switch to google.com.jp (or something like that) so I do know that I was successfully connected and I did see an assigned new IP screen flash up after I connected.

Now, I keep getting Error Code 2 and it won't connect or Error Code 13 and I get disconnected shortly after. I just want to make sure that I am on the right track.... Is there anything else that I can do to help this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.