Disabling User password encryption

Post your questions about SoftEther VPN software here. Please answer questions if you can afford.
msdajani

Disabling User password encryption

Post by msdajani » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 am

HI,

anyone can guide me how to disable the encryption option of storing the user's password in vpn_server_config file? i need the password to be stored in plain text.

Also how to include the user_list from from external file in the vpn_server_config?

regards,
Mike

qupfer

Re: Disabling User password encryption

Post by qupfer » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:26 pm

msdajani wrote:
> i need the password to be stored
> in plain text.
Why (the hell) do you need that? And I don't belive that is possible without changing some sources....

msdajani wrote:
> Also how to include the user_list from from external file in the
> vpn_server_config?

Wait for the RADIUS-Implementation and set one up or just by writing some scripts doing that for you. Take a look in the manual. 6.2.3 and 6.2.4 (https://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manu ... _of_vpncmd)

msdajani

Post by msdajani » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi qupfer
well i need it because i need to read the users from my users list which are available in other hash file

Any idea which script needs to be edited ?

arprip

Post by arprip » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:06 am

SoftEther has its private management tool to control vpnserver or vpnbridge.

It is pretty hard to be controlled in Embedded System.

Here is a method to create passwords for user list, it is cli command in linux and openssle, the command will create a base64 password for user_list.

admin is a password and the key is come from checked source codes.

echo -ne "admin" | openssl rc4 -K "456E637279707450617373776F726432" -e -a -nopad -nosalt

msdajani

Post by msdajani » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Thank you arprip

But my point is to avoid using the users list defined in the vpn_server_config file.

i need to define in the vpn_server_config file a link to another file which contains all users list and each user password should be stored in plain text.

is that possible?

Mike

thisjun

Post by thisjun » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:23 am

SoftEther can't disable the encryption option of storing the user's password in vpn_server_config file.
If you want to manage users by another file, it's better to make script or program using vpncmd (http://www.softether.org/4-docs/1-manua ... _of_vpncmd).